San Antonio Zoo to reimplement one-way traffic plan for spring break

One-way traffic flow will begin on March 9 and run daily through March 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Zoo announced it would reimplement a one-way traffic plan to mitigate congestion and traffic jams ahead of spring break.

The plan will create a two-lane loop accessible from several streets near the zoo.

One-way traffic flow will begin on March 9 and run daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through March 17.

Traffic will flow through Hildebrand Avenue to Tuleta and down N. St. Mary’s Street. Drivers traveling north from Highway 281 will have to loop around Alamo Stadium and meet with the traffic coming on Hildebrand.

Traffic headed north on Mulberry Ave. will also be diverted to Stadium Drive to accommodate the one-way switch.

San Antonio Zoo Traffic Switch for Spring Break 2024. (Copyright 2024 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

The zoo said the plan is subject to change depending on traffic and inclement weather.

North St. Mary’s will be open normally before and after the allotted times. Alvin Street along Stadium Drive will be open the entire time.

The public can call 311 to report any questions or concerns to the city. For zoo-related concerns, call 726-223-4951.

About the Authors

Mason Hickok is a digital producer trainee at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, walking his dogs and listening to podcasts.

RJ Marquez is the traffic anchor/reporter for KSAT’s Good Morning San Antonio. He also fills in as a news anchor and has covered stories from breaking news and Fiesta to Spurs championships and high school sports. RJ started at KSAT in 2010. He is proud to serve our viewers and be a part of the culture and community that makes San Antonio great.